Thank you for making your reservation to Farm Day 2011
*YOU WILL RECEIVE A RECEIPT FROM PAYPAL FOR YOUR PURCHASE
*FARM DAY BEGINS PROMPTLY @ 10AM… PLEASE BE ON TIME
We look forward to making it a memorable experience for you. This confirmation letter will serve as your ticket to the event, so please print it out for your records. We will also have your name on file at the registration table on May 7th under the white tent. Included in this letter are a set of directions and a map to the farm, a list of suggestions and safety precautions. If you have further questions, please see our “FARM DAY” page on the website. If that does not answer your question, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call 1-877-955-4389.
Map and Driving Directions
From 95/495 Beltway: Follow Rt. 7 West across the Blue Ridge Mountain. Proceed 3 miles past the Shenandoah River, turn right onto Wickliffe Road (Rt. 608). Proceed 3.1 miles farm entrance on your left.
From Baltimore, Frederick, Charles Town, WV: Take 70 West to Frederick. Follow US 340 W/S past Charles Town to the Virginia State line. Take immediate left onto Shepherd’s Mill Road (Rt. 612). Turn left onto Cannonball Lane (Rt. 609), then left onto Wickliffe Road (Rt. 608). Smithfield Farm will be on the left.
From Winchester, I-81: Follow Rt.7 east to Grafton school, past Berryville. Turn left onto Wickliffe Road (Rt. 608) at Grafton. Proceed 3.1 miles farm entrance on your left.
Once you reach the farm, drive up the gravel driveway to the Bed & Breakfast where a parking attendant will assist you in parking your car. Registration will be under the white tent in the back part of the B& B garden.
- Check the weather on the day of the event and dress appropriately. The month of May can be a fickle with a cool breeze and a rain shower one minute, and blazing sun the next. Layers are advisable. We will be walking from one end of the farm to the other on the morning portion of the program. Wear sensible walking shoes because we will be covering lots of ground on our 400-acre farm.
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed.
- All children must be attended by an adult at all times. We will be walking near cattle, pigs and sheep that may become frightened by inappropriate behavior or taunting. Please exercise extreme caution near the electrified fencing. No climbing on fences, farm equipment or vehicles. Anyone acting inappropriately will be asked to leave for their safety and the safety of all other guests.
- Bring a container (personal water bottle) for water to the farm– we will have water on hand, but not in bottles
- Bring a cooler if you would like to purchase meats and other products from the farm store